Facebook Pay Will Launch On This Week – Available Across Facebook, Messenger, Instagram And WhatsApp
Facebook Pay will be available across Facebook, Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp. It will begin rolling out on Facebook and Messenger this week in the US.
FacebookPay supports most major credit and debit cards as well as PayPal. Payments are processed in partnership with companies like PayPal, Stripe and others around the world. It is built on existing financial infrastructure and partnerships, and is separate from the Calibra wallet which will run on the Libra network.
With Facebook Pay you can:
- Add your preferred payment method once then use it where available to make payments and purchases on our apps, instead of having to re-enter your payment information each time
- Set up FacebookPay app-by-app, or choose to set it up for use across apps (where available) – that means we won’t automatically set up it across the apps you are active on, unless you choose to do so
- View payment history, manage payment methods and update your settings in one place
- Get real-time customer support via live chat in the US (and in more places around the world in the future)
- Clearly understand which payment services are part of Facebook
How It Works
You can start using it on Facebook or Messenger with just a few taps:
- Go to “Settings” > “Facebook Pay” on the Facebook app or website
- Add a payment method
- The next time you make a payment, use it
Once Facebook Pay is available on WhatsApp and Instagram, you’ll be able to set it up directly within each app.
FacebookPay is part of Facebook ongoing work to make commerce more convenient, accessible and secure for people on their apps. And in doing so, Facebook believe they can help businesses grow and empower people everywhere to buy and sell things online.
For more information, visit pay.facebook.com