Create MetaMask Wallet – Ethereum And ERC20 Token Wallet – How To Create And Use MetaMask Wallet?
About MetaMask Wallet
MetaMask is a cryptocurrency wallet and MetaMask also is a web browser extension (available in Chrome, Firefox and Brave) used to store, send and receive Ethereum and ERC20. In other words, it allows users to make Ethereum transactions through regular websites.
MetaMask includes a secure identity vault, providing a user interface to manage your identities on different sites and sign blockchain transactions. You can install the MetaMask add-on in Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and the new Brave browser. MetaMask mission is to make Ethereum as easy to use for as many people as possible.
How To Create MetaMask Wallet?
Step 1: Go To MetaMask Wallet Website
– Go to MetaMask wallet website, We recommend you use Google Chrome Browser: https://metamask.io
– Using a computer You trust and accessing the site using HTTPS address.
– Note: Please double check URL spelling. There are many phishing sites.
Step 2: Install MetaMask Wallet In Your browser
– At the MetaMask website: Click on ‘Get Chrome Extension’
– A new page opens like this
– Click on ‘Add To Chrome’: A window pops up, click on ‘Add Extension’
– You have Installed MetaMask Wallet In Your browser successfully. You will see Fox icon of MetaMask on the top right of browser
Step 3: Creat A New Wallet
– Click on the icon of MetaMask on the top right of browser.
– A new page opens like this
– Click on ‘Get Started’: Select ‘Create A Wallet’
– Then click on ‘I Agree’
– Next: Create login password, tick in box ‘I have read…’ and click on ‘Create’
– Save Your secret backup phrase (Seed Phrase) and keep them somewhere safe. These 12 words are the only way to restore Your MetaMask account.
– Tips: Write seed phrase on a piece of paper and store in a secure location. If You want even more security, write it down on multiple pieces of paper and store each in 2 – 3 different locations. MetaMask cannot recover secret backup phrase (Seed phrase) for You
– Warning: Never share Your secret backup phrase (Seed phrase) with anyone. It gives complete and permanent access to Your wallet and You will loss all ETH and cryptocurrencies
– After save Your secret backup phrase, click on ‘Next’
– You must select to confirm Your secret backup phrase. Make sure it is correct after click on ‘Confirm’. You have created MetaMask wallet successfully!
– If You need to back up Your seed phrase again: Click on the icon at top right corner then select ‘Settings’. You can find it in ‘Security & Privacy’
– If You want to create extra a new account: Click on the icon at top right corner then select ‘Create Account’.
How To Access Your MetaMask Wallet?
– Click on the icon of MetaMask on the top right of browser. A window pops up like this:
– Enter password and click on ‘Login’. You have accessed wallet!
The Display Of The MetaMask Wallet Interface After Accessing
– If You want to change to full-screen version: Click on the 3 Dots at right side then select ‘Expand View’
– It looks at like this:
Where is your public wallet address located?
– Click on the 3 Dots at right side then select ‘Account Details’
– A new window pops up: You will see Your public wallet address. Note that Your wallet address should begin with a “0x.”
– Click on ‘Export Private Key’ to get Your private key
– Warning: Never disclose Your private key. Anyone with Your private keys can steal any assets held in Your account.
How To Import Your Existing Ethereum (ETH And ERC20) Wallet To MetaMask?
Import With Secret Backup Phrase (Seed Phrase)
If You have Your seed phrase, you could restore your accounts and private keys.
There are two options:
– Option 1: Import to new MetaMask install
+ Install new MetaMask extension
+ Click on the icon in the upper right corner to open MetaMask extension, read and accept the terms. Click on ‘Continue’.
+ Click on ‘Import With Seed Phrase’
+ Enter Your wallet seed phrase (mnemonic phrase).
+ Create a strong password.
+ Click on ‘Import’.
+ You have successfully imported Your wallet to MetaMask
– Option 2: Import to existing MetaMask install
+ Log out Your existing MetaMask at the top right menu
+ Click on ‘Import using account seed phrase’
+ Enter Your seed phrase and create a new password then click ‘Restore’
+ You will only have one account restored at first. If You want to create extra a new account, click on ‘Create Account’ at top right account menu.
Import With Private Key Or JSON File
– Login Your existing MetaMask account: Click on the icon at top right corner then select ‘Import Account’
– If You want to import an account using Your wallet private key, select type ‘Private Key’ and paste Your private key string then click on ‘Import’.
– If You want to import an account using Your JSON file, select type ‘JSON File’
+ Click on ‘Choose File’ to choose and open Your JSON file
+ Enter password and click on ‘Import’
– You have successfully imported Your Ethereum wallet to MetaMask account with ‘Private Key’ or ‘JSON File’
How To Send A Transaction From MetaMask Wallet?
MetaMask wallet makes it easy for You to send a transaction. All You need is a wallet, the Ethereum address You’d like to send funds to, and a little ETH for gas. All transactions require ETH for gas. We suggest having at least 0.01 ETH for 2 – 3 transactions.
– Note: If You plan to move large amounts of ETH or ERC20 tokens, we suggest sending a small amount first to make sure everything goes as planned.
Step 1: Access Your MetaMask Wallet
– Click on the Menu ( ☰ ) icon on top-left corner
– Click on the token You would like to send
– Next: Click on ‘Send’
Step 2: Fill In The Ethereum Wallet Address You’d Like To Send To
– Make sure to double and triple check the address You’re sending to! MetaMask can not recover funds sent to the wrong address.
Step 3: Send Transaction And Confirm The Transaction On The Next Screen
– Enter amount You’d like to send or click on ‘Max’ option to send Your entire balance of Tokens
– Select the gas price and gas limit (Transaction Fee): Slow or Average or Fast
– Or click on ‘Advanced Options’: You can adjust the gas price and gas limit to Your preference
– Then click on ‘Next’ and ‘Confirm’.
How To Add Custom Token Into MetaMask Wallet?
Any ERC20 token can be added to your local MetaMask interface by following these instructions.
– To Add new custom Token into MetaMask wallet, click on the Menu ( ☰ ) icon on top-left corner then click on ‘Add Token’
– At ‘Search Tokens’ box: Search default token list for the token You are looking for.
– If You don’t see Your token or You see the token, but don’t see a balance, it’s possible default listing is for a token with the same symbol but a different contract address. In this case, continue with next steps as if you didn’t see it in the list.
– Click on ‘Custom Token’
– Enter Token contract address You’d like to add and click on ‘Next’ >>> ‘Add Tokens’
Note: Looking For The Token’s Information, please read this article
How To Connect Hardware Wallet (Trezor Or Ledger Hardware Wallet)?
MetaMask now allows you connect a Trezor or Ledger wallet. This allows you to:
- Check your account balance (ETH or Tokens).
- Sign transactions — For ex. Send ETH and ERC20 tokens and collectibles, deploy contracts, etc.
- Sign messages
– Login Your MetaMask wallet account then click on the icon at top-right corner
– Select ‘Connect Hardware Wallet’
– Choose Ledger or Trezor then click on ‘Connect’
– Select an account You want to interact with (note: MetaMask can only have one connected and accessible at any given time)
Once you successfully connect your account, it will behave just like other MetaMask account, with the difference that you need to have your wallet plugged in for signing transactions or messages.
If later you want to remove the connected account, simply click the X next to it on the account list menu (MetaMask will remember your account name and tx history if you reimport that account in the future).
– Never share Secret Backup Phrase (Seed Phrase), Private Key And Password with anyone. These informations gives complete and permanent access to Your wallet.
– Do not keep this information on a device connected to the internet. Hackers can and will find it in Your hard drive.
– Choose strong passwords and write everything down, in multiple locations.
– MetaMask cannot recover these informations for You.
Learn More Information Of MetaMask
Find the information that are You looking for? See more at: https://metamask.zendesk.com
You also can watch this below video tutorial to use MetaMask
Create MetaMask Wallet – Ethereum And ERC20 Token Wallet – How To Create And Use MetaMask Wallet? – Cryptokiemtien
Learn More Bitcoin/Crypto Wallet – Click Here