Coinbase Exchange Review – How To Register And Use Coinbase Account?
Coinbase Exchange Overview
Founded in June of 2012, Coinbase is a digital currency wallet and platform where merchants and consumers can transact with new digital currencies like bitcoin, ethereum, and litecoin. We’re based in San Francisco, California.
Coinbase is fully regulated and licensed, supporting over 102 countries as of 2019, with more than 30 million customers around the world
$217M Raised From World’s Leading Investors
Buy and sell cryptocurrency – For everyone
The main service Coinbase offers is a brokerage service for buying and selling cryptocurrencies. Coinbase is the easiest place to buy, sell, and manage your cryptocurrency portfolio
Available on Coinbase to buy/sell: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Ripple (XRP), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Litecoin (LTC), EOS (EOS), Stellar Lumens (XLM), Ethereum Classic (ETC), Zcash (ZEC), Basic Attention Token (BAT), USD Coin (USDC), Augur (REP), Ox (ZRX), Dai (DAI)
Coinbase wallet – For everyone
Coinbase wallet is a user-custodied digital currency wallet and DApp browser. This means that with Wallet, the private keys (that represent ownership of the cryptocurrency) are stored directly on your device and not with a centralized exchange. You do not need a Coinbase Consumer account to use Wallet and you can download Wallet from anywhere in the world.
Multi-Coin Support: Manage BTC, BCH, ETH, ETC, LTC, and all your ERC-20 tokens.
Secure storage: Your keys are protected with Secure Enclave and biometric authentication technology.
Easily send and receive crypto: Pay anyone in the world with just their Coinbase Wallet username
Coinbase earn – For everyone
Coinbase Earn lets you earn cryptocurrencies while learning about them in a simple and engaging way.
Coinbase has created educational videos to teach you about different cryptocurrencies. After each video you’ll receive a simple quiz testing what you’ve learned. You’ll receive crypto in your Coinbase wallet for every quiz you complete.
Coinbase Pro – For advanced traders
Coinbase Pro offers individuals the ability to trade a variety of digital assets on a secure, insurance backed platform. As opposed to the traditional Coinbase brokerage service, which simplifies buying cryptocurrencies at a premium, Coinbase pro is aimed at more experienced users
Coinbase Pro offers an intuitive interface with real time orderbooks, charting tools, trade history, and a simple order process so you can trade from day one.
Get Coinbase Pro account: https://pro.coinbase.com
Coinbase custody – For institutions
Coinbase Custody operates as a standalone, independently-capitalized business to Coinbase, Inc. Coinbase Custody is a fiduciary under NY State Banking Law. All digital assets are segregated and held in trust for the benefit of clients.
Broad selection of assets: Coinbase Custody supports 90+ percent of crypto by market capitalization. Many more are coming soon.
Quick and compliant: As a qualified custodian, Coinbase Custody can quickly add new assets compliantly based on client requests.
Storage is just the beginning: Network participation and delegated proof of stake offer clients access to benefits well beyond offline storage.
Get Coinbase Custody account: https://custody.coinbase.com
Coinbase commerce – For Business
Coinbase supplies online business with the ability to accept cryptocurrencies on their website via a dedicated plugin. The plugin is supported by some of the biggest CMS (content management system) around such as Shopify, Magento and WooCommerce
Get Coinbase commerce account: https://commerce.coinbase.com
There is no mobile app for Coinbase Pro, although the mobile version of the site works quite well on tablets and smartphones.
Payment Methods Of Coinbase
Wire transfer (including ACH in the US and SEPA in the EU)
Credit cards (new cards aren’t currently accepted)
PayPal (withdrawal only)
Coinbase users in nearly any country can convert between cryptocurrencies, but cannot always convert local currency into crypto.
Fees Of Coinbase
Variable Fees by Location and Payment Method
|Credit / Debit Card Buys|
|Credit / Debit Card Buys|
|Standard Buy / Sell||Instant Buys (Credit / Debit Card only)||Bank transfers (SEPA) – in / out*|
|1.49%||3.99%||Free / €0.15|
|Buy / Sell||Credit / Debit Card Buys|
|Standard Buy / Sell||Instant Buys (Credit / Debit Card only)||Bank wires – in / out *|
|1.49%||3.99%||Free / £1|
Base rate of 4% for all transactions
|Payment Method for Purchase/Payout Method for Sale||Effective Rate of Conversion Fee (after waiver)|
|U.S. Bank Account||1.49%|
|Coinbase USD Wallet||1.49%|
|USD Deposit Method||Fee|
|Wire Transfer||$10 ($25 outgoing)|
Coinbase makes you pay the standard Bitcoin transaction fee, which is usually about $0.10.
Coinbase offers its services over 102 countries as of 2019:
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Cameroon, Ghana , Kenya, Mauritius, Namibia, Rwanda, South Africa, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Armenia, Bahrain, Brunei Darussalam, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Macao, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Oman, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Uzbekistan, Australia, New Zealand, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Curaçao, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago, United States, British Virgin Islands ,Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay
Limits & Liquidity
Users must provide full identity verification and many personal details.
You will be required to take a picture of your driver’s license or passport if you are purchasing with a credit card.
Coinbase offers very high limits. Limits depend on your account level, which is determined by how much information you have verified. Fully verified U.S. customers may buy up to $50,000 worth of bitcoin daily.
European customers may have a maximum of €30,000 euro in their account at any time.
How To Register And Verify Account?
How To Register Account?
– Visit the Coinbase website: https://www.coinbase.com
– Enter Your first name, last name, email address
– Create login password
– Tick in box ‘I certify that…’ then press on ‘Create Account’ button
– Check Your email to click on the verification link
– Select Your country and enter Your phone numbers
– Press on ‘Send Code’: check Your phone to get code then enter code to verify phone numbers
How To Verify Account (KYC Verification)?
– Login Your Coinbase account and press on ‘Buy/Sell’ tab. Then select the ‘Submit ID + Photo Verification’ button. You will then be directed to fill in your personal information
– Submit Your photo ID (driver’s license or passport)
– Make sure the photo is clear and no parts of the ID are obscured. If you still cannot verify Your ID, then contact Coinbase support.
– Once Your photo ID is verified, the ID verification process should be complete.
– If you verify your phone number, you’ll be able to invest up to $9,500.
– If you verify your personal information, you’ll be able to invest an unlimited amount, wire funds in and out of your account, and store funds in your account.
– If you verify your ID, you’ll be able to send and receive digital currencies
Additional 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) Security
– Select the ‘Settings’ tab
– Within the settings page, select the security tab
– Scroll down to the ‘Two-Factor Authentication’ section, and make sure the verification code is set for any amount of digital currency. Then select the ‘Enable Authenticator’ button.
– Enter the 7-digit code sent to your phone. After you enter the SMS code, Coinbase will generate an authenticator code for you. This will allow you to use 2-Factor Authentication.
– After downloading, add the Coinbase authenticator code to the app. You can do this by scanning the QR code or by manually entering the authenticator code. The app will now generate 2FA codes for Coinbase that change every few seconds.
– Be sure to write down your authenticator secret code and store it somewhere safe. If you get a new phone, or it is lost or stolen, you will need this code to receive 2FA codes.
Additional Payment Methods
– Coinbase offers 3 payment methods: Debit card, bank account, or wire transfer
– To add a payment method: Select the ‘Settings’ tab in the top middle of the page. Within the Settings page, select the ‘Linked Accounts’ tab.
– Press on ‘Link a New Account’ button
– Select which payment method to add
– Limit payment: $300 per week
– Fees: 4% (high)
– Debit cards are best for purchasing smaller amounts quickly. Any debit card purchase will instantly transfer the cryptocurrency to your account, which is best if you want to quickly trade it for another cryptocurrency
– To link a debit card, select that option then fill out your debit card information
– After filling out your card information, Coinbase will send 2 pending charges to your account. To verify your card, enter the the last 2 digits of the charge. You will not be charged for these transactions. If you see 3 charges, ignore the charge that is $1.00.
– Limit payment: $7,500 per week
– Fees: 1.5%
– When you make a purchase with a bank account, the price you pay is locked in the moment you purchase. And you will not receive your cryptocurrency until 4-5 business days have passed
– To link a bank account, select it from the payment method selection. Then choose your bank.
– Enter your bank user ID and password
– If this method fails, or if you cannot find your bank, you can manually add your bank account by giving your routing number. You’ll then be sent 2 deposits to verify. This process will take around 5 business days, as opposed to the other method, which offers instant connection.
How To Depositing/Sending Cryptocurrency?
To deposit cryptocurrency to your Coinbase account, or to send it to another account, first select the ‘Accounts’ tab.
– To deposit currency, navigate to your desired cryptocurrency then select ‘Receive’.
– Coinbase will then generate an address for you to send your cryptocurrency to. Be sure to send only that cryptocurrency to that wallet. For example, you cannot send Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash to the same wallet, or one will be lost.
– To send cryptocurrency to another address, click the ‘Send’ button.
– Next, enter the desired recipient address and the amount in dollars that you would like to send. Be sure to send only to wallets of the same type of cryptocurrency, or it will be lost.
– Enter your 2FA code to complete the transaction.
– Press on ‘Confirm’ button to send
How To Buy/Sell Cryptocurrency?
– Click the ‘Buy/Sell’ tab at the top of the page
– Select the type of cryptocurrency you want to buy/sell, the payment method, and the amount in dollars.
– You will then be directed to confirm your purchase.
– Enter your 2FA code to confirm the purchase
– Selling cryptocurrency is a very similar process. The main difference is that you cannot sell using a credit card. You must sell using either a bank account or a USD account that will hold your money on Coinbase.
For More Information At
– Blog: https://blog.coinbase.com
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/coinbase
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Coinbase
Coinbase Exchange Review – How To Register And Use Coinbase Account? – Cryptokiemtien.com
Safe Trading And Good Luck,